Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Each day is a day to celebrate

“We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.”
― Thornton Wilder


I got two warming phone calls from my close friends today--- both with different sharings, both insightful and both left me feeling happy and grateful. There is really so much wealth of goodness around me (us all) that it is just fitting to say that each day is a day to celebrate. This goes together with today's daily reading from the book Simple Abundance on "Until It is Carved in Stone". It talks about appreciating the ordinary and basking on how much we have in our lives unlike the way Emily, the heroine from Thornton Wilder's play "Our Town" realized her loss and longing for her life only after she died. Such irony indeed.

That is why I am glad of what this day has given and what it brings. Two phone calls from special friends- tears of happiness in one conversation and hopefullness in the other. Can't wait for the rest of my day to unfold.

To top it off I read one very interesting piece on The Importance of Celebrations. Thank you Nicole for the boost. It was written two years ago but the words resonates well with my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment